We are thrilled to announce that the preparations for Dyke March Ottawa 2008 are well underway. Last year, we doubled attendance, bringing 350 kick-ass queer women and allies together for an amazing march, free picnic and concert. This year is gearing to to be even better!
Here's what YOU CAN DO to help make Dyke March happen:
1. INVITE YOUR FRIENDS TO JOIN THE DYKE MARCH FACEBOOK GROUP. This is the #1 way we reached people last year:
2. VOLUNTEER. We need volunteers in the following areas:
- parade marshals
- stage crew for the concert
- picnic volunteers -- food prep in advance and serving food the day
of the March
* We are also specifically looking for a volunteer sound technician, preferably with a vehicle. Please let us know ASAP if you have this skill set and are willing to volunteer.*
Email us as firstname.lastname@example.org or post to the message board on the Dyke March Ottawa facebook group, and we will get back to you.
3. FORWARD THIS MESSAGE WIDELY:
Dyke March 2008
Saturday, August 23
Take to the streets. Stand up for queer women's rights. Celebrate our
lives and our families.
2:00 pm: Rally and March -- meet at the Human Rights Monument (Elgin and Lisgar)
3:00 pm: Queer Family Picnic and Concert, Minto Park (Elgin and
Gilmour). Free food! Open to everyone!
Contact email@example.com to volunteer.